Saturday, May 11, 2013

Flyswatters...SPLAT!

SPLAT!  SPLAT!  SPLAT!


It's that time of year again.  The flies will be making their way to your neighborhood to bug the heck out of you very soon.  If you are in need of a new flyswatter, check these out.  I found them at Walmart and picked up a couple for a sight word recognition game my students like to play. 


Here's how I use them in my classroom.  I have sight words posted on a pocket chart.  I divide the class into two teams.  One student from each team stands in front of the pocket chart with a flyswatter.  I call out a sight word.  The first student to swat the word earns a point for his/her team.  I have a small class, so kids gets several turns in a short time. There are lots of variations of this game.  If you use flyswatters in your room, I would love to hear how you use them.
post signature