Friday, May 3, 2013

Listening Center

Hi Friends!
I can't believe it is May already!  I have 15 days of school to go and year 27 will be complete!! 

Today I would like to share my Listening Center area with you and some tips on making it run smoothly.  Here's a picture of my Listening Center materials.



As you can see, I use a 3 tier metal shelf with the books & CDs on the top shelf. I usually have anywhere from 6-8 books & CDs in the tub at one time. Each book/CD is stored in a plastic baggie.  I purchased most of my books & CDs from Scholastic.

The headphones on the second shelf are WIRELESS and I can't tell you how much I LOVE the listening center now because of this.  NO MORE TANGLED WIRES!! 

The third shelf holds the CD player.  I have labeled each of the buttons on the player with numbers, so the kids know which button to push first, second, etc.  I spent a lot of time at the beginning of the year teaching EVERY student how to operate the CD player and the headphones.  It has really paid off.  I rarely have someone ask for help. 
  

My students love going to the Listening Center every day.  I love it because it's wireless!!!
post signature