Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fact Family

Hi Friends!
"We are family...I've got all my sisters with me!"  Do you recognize those song lyrics?
If you are of a certain age, I'm sure you can sing along.  It's Sister Sledge from 1978. 
Today I am going to share a fact family idea that I've added to my daily math meeting.
 Here's a picture of what it looks like and a short description of how I made it.

I used a 18"x 24" magnetic whiteboard for the background. I made the ladybug out of construction
paper and laminated it.  The spots are magnets that I bought at Office Max and spray painted white.  The fact family worksheet is one I found online, but I can't remember where I got it.
 Last, I added a title with sticky letters from Hobby Lobby. 
This has been a great visual for my students when we are working
 on fact families during our daily math meeting.
post signature