Sunday, April 8, 2012

I Really Teach in Room 5

As my blog title suggests, I really do teach first grade in Room 5.  Room 5 is located at the end of the first floor hallway in a small, two story school building.  The room numbers for each room are painted outside of each classroom. They are very plain and small in size. I wanted my students to help make a big "Welcome to Room 5" sign to hang outside our classroom door.  So,  I read a book to my class called What Comes in 2's, 3's & 4's by Suzanne Aker and Bernie Karlin.  Then I asked my students to help think of things that come in fives or have the number 5 that we could put on our sign.  The kids came up with some wonderful ideas!  Next year, I think I might glue the ideas on a large cutout of the number 5.  What's your room number?

post signature