Saturday, April 7, 2012

Welcome to First Grade Room 5

My name is Connie Anderson and I've been teaching for 26 years.  Teaching is my passion (just ask anyone who knows me).  I have learned so much from all of the talented teachers in the Blogging World.  You all deserve a BIG HUG for taking the time to share the wonderful things you do for your students each and every day!!  I continue to learn and grow as a teacher because of you...so THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!  I just hope that I can inspire you in some way from my little corner of the world here in Moline, Illinois. 

Before I go, I would like to introduce you to our class mascot Smarty.  His friends call him Smarty Pants.  He loves to reward kids with a Smartie when they do or say smart things.  I actually wrote a book for the beginning of the school year in which Smarty tells the kids how to be smart at school.  Smarty tells students to be good listeners, do their best work, follow classroom rules, share, etc.  The kids love the book and ask me to reread it often.  Go Smarty!!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment