Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Spotlight on Writing

Hi Friends!
Today I'd like to share something new I am adding to my classroom this year.  It's called "Spotlight
on Writing."   I got this idea on Pinterest and decided to give it a try.  I've modified it
a little, but the idea is the same.  Spotlight on Writing is a way to showcase student writing
in a more "formal" way.  All you need is a picture frame and a spotlight of some kind.
Here's a picture of what I bought at Kohl's to set up my "Spotlight on Writing" area in my classroom.

I am starting with one frame and one light, but you could do more.
These two items cost me $31.05. They were both on sale & I had a 15% off coupon.
I am SURE there is a cheaper way to do this, but I really liked these two items.

Here's what it looks like with a writing sample and the spotlight on it.
It's hard to see how nice it looks because the picture is so dark.
It looks fabulous in person!!!
So I took it outside and snapped another picture. 
Here it is.

The light is attached to the frame and it does need to be plugged in.
Here's a picture of how I attached the clip to the frame.
I plan to showcase my students' writing throughout the school year.
Now I just need to make a sign that reads, "Spotlight on Writing."

Here's a picture of the orginal idea I saw on Pintest.
You can read about it here:
post signature