Monday, October 1, 2012

BOO! Sight Word Game


Hi Friends!
I found two really cute Halloween tins at Walmart ($1.47 each) and knew that I could come up
with a way to use them in my classroom.  So, here's what I came up with.
I made a spin-off of the game "POP."  My version has sight words written on
ghosts and pumpkins.  I made about 15 - 20 sight words for each tin.
 Each tin also includes at least 2  BOO! cards.
Here's how you play:
 Students take turns reaching inside the tin and pulling
  out a sight word card.  They must read the word correctly in order to keep it.  Otherwise,
it goes back in the tin.   If someone pulls out the card that says, "BOO!" then
that student must put all of his cards back in the tin and start over.
When time is up, the player with the most cards wins.  




 



post signature