Friday, October 5, 2012

Growing Beanstalks in Your Classroom!

Hi Friends!
Jack and the Beanstalk was one of my favorite stories when I was a kid.  I remember
thinking how much fun it would be to climb the beanstalk and walk around high above
the clouds.  It was such a magical story for me when I was little.   It's still one of my favorites.
It just so happens that Mrs. Lovell, an AWESOME 4th grade teacher at my school,
 is growing beanstalks in her classroom.  Yep, you heard that right!  Beanstalks...growing in her classroom!  Now, they're not very big yet, but soon they'll grow as high as the ceiling.
Here are some pictures that show how she's doing it!!
(Wouldn't students of all ages love watching their beanstalks grow?)

The bean plants are growing in plastic cups.  A long string is taped on the counter behind each cup and
strectched to the ceiling where it is tied to a ceiling clip.



This is a book that Mrs. Lovell uses with this project.