Friday, July 12, 2013

Keep a Poem In Your Pocket

Hi Friends,
My classroom walls are full of bulletin boards and tack strips.  I always find ways to use them, but I have one long, narrow bulletin board above my chalkboard that has been divided in half by my Smart Board.  So, I have two smaller boards to decorate.  Here's what I came up with for one of them.  I used the title of Beatrice Schenk de Regniers' poem "Keep a Poem in Your Pocket" for the wording. I used 2" black letters for that.  Then I cut a pocket from an old pair of jeans and tucked a poem inside.  Here's how it turned out.






I love poetry and use lots of it in my classroom.  I plan to hang my poetry chart on the chalkboard below this board. 

Here's my inspiration from Pinterest.  I think I will type the poem and add it to my pocket like it is here.
 

post signature