Thursday, July 25, 2013

My New Job Chart

Hi Friends,
My blogging friend, Tammy, from Forever in First shared the new Helper Chart she made the other day for her first grade classroom.  It turned out so darn cute that it inspired me to make a new chart for my classroom. I haven't used one for quite a while, so my old one was really showing its age.  You can check out Tammy's {Here} and mine below.



I started with a 14"x30" magnetic board from IKEA. 
Next, I got some scrapbooking supplies at Hobby Lobby to jazz it up!


I also got these colorful, circular brads from Hobby Lobby. I will be putting numbers on them after the kids pick which color they like best. 
I got some round magnets at Walmart to put on the back of the brads.  I just bent the prongs back and forth until they came off and them added a magnet.

Next, I typed a list of the jobs I wanted on the board.  I printed the list on white printable magnetic paper.  Then, I cut out each one.
Finally, I used some adhesive letters for the title "Job Chart." 

Here's a few close ups of the board.




 
 
 
Now I have to find a place in my classroom to hang it!
post signature