Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Birthday To You!

Hi Friends!
After school today, I was getting ready for a student's birthday tomorrow and wondered what other teachers do for their students' birthdays.  I thought I would share what I do to make it a special day for the birthday kid.  I have a special sign that I hang from the ceiling above the child's desk.  I also give him/her a birthday certificate and a special sticker to wear for the day.  Our prinicipal has a birthday box for students to pick out of and we also sing Happy Birthday to the birthday kid.  It's pretty simple, but the kids feel extra special on their birthday.  For summer birthdays, we celebrate half birthdays and for weekend birthdays, I give the child a choice of celebrating on either Friday or Monday.  I would love to hear what you do for birthdays in your classroom.



By the way, my daughter's birthday is tomorrow.  Her name is Ariel and she will be 22 years old.  I can't believe I just typed that!  Just yesterday, she was a little baby weighing in at 8 pounds 13 ounces at 4:35 in the afternoon.  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful, loving daughter.  I can't imagine my life without her. 


Happy birthday, Ariel!!  I love you!! 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment