Mother's Day is just around the corner. The kindergarten and first grade teachers at my
school have a special Mother's Day Celebration every year.
We invite everyone's mom or special someone to come to this wonderful gathering
where their kids sing, dance, and recite poems. After the performances are over,
the kids give their moms a fresh flower and a gift.
Then we all have cookies and juice together.
It's always a bit hit every year.
Here's a look at the gift my first graders are giving to their mothers.
The materials I used for this are listed below.
1. black frame from the Dollar Store
2. computer paper with hearts from the Dollar Store
3. student handprint: blank ink pad & purple construction paper
4. student picture with pink background paper
5. 1"x1" green squares with letter stamps for name
6. Love You stamp on pink heart
7. Date written on orange heart
What do you do for Mother's Day at school?