Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Team Anderson

Hi Friends!
My class is known as Team Anderson.  We work together as a team for some challenges, but for
others we work cooperatively in groups.   These groups are formed by the way students' desks are arranged in my classroom.  Currently, the desks are set up in quads.  At the beginning of the
 school year, each group works together to come up with a name for their group. 
 Everyone must agree on the name.  Once the names are selected, I make a sign for
each group using foamboard, letters and stickers.  I hang the signs
above each group.  I also use the signs to hold monkeys as rewards for
working well together as a group.  Once a group earns five monkeys,
they get to pick out of my prize box.  The kids really like working in groups.
( I've seen this monkey idea in several places including Pinterest and blogs. 
If it is your original idea, please let me know & I will give you credit.)
Here are some pictures of my current group names.





Do you use group names in your classroom?