Monday, May 21, 2012

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Tree

Hi Friends!
I've had a few questions about the Chicka Boom Boom tree that I have in my classroom.
My husband and I made this and it was actually pretty easy.  I used an old wooden
table and had my husband shorten the legs so it was about 2 feet off the ground.  I had him
make a hole in the middle of the table for the trunk.  I painted the table red and added a
festive plastic skirting around the edge and secured it with thumb tacks. 
 For the trunk, I used a 6 ft piece of pvc pipe and wrapped brown crinkled bulletin
 board paper around it.  Next, I added some sticky letters on the paper.  I put the trunk
in the hole in the center of the table.  Finally, I added some large leaves that I got at
Hobby Lobby.  The leaves were pretty pricey even though I got them on sale.
I was very happy with how it turned out.  My students really liked it, too!  
My Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Tree