Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Organizational Tools

Hi Friends!
Do you have organizational tools in your classroom that you just love
and continue to use year after year?  I know I do! 
I'd like to share a couple of organization tools that I've been using for more than 20 years.
The first one is my paper filing system.  I use the number system in my classroom.
Each student is assigned a number which they write on each and every paper, along
with their names, so that I can file their papers in their correct cubbie. 
Here's a picture of the paper filing system I use. 

I bought this unit at Office Max many years ago & it's still in good shape.
Instead of names, I use numbers so that I don't have to change them every year.
  
The next organization tool I'd like to share is simple, but effective.
I have 3 white tubs that I use to sort completed work, homework, and Thursday Folders.
My students learn very quickly where to put their work when it is completed.
They know exactly where to put their homework folders each morning when they come in.
They also know where to put their Thursday Folders when they bring them back on Friday.
Instead of sending student work or notes home every night, our district sends everything home on
Thursday in a special folder that parents must sign and date, so we know they saw it.
It's keeps student work and notes organized and easy to find.

Here's a picture of the tubs on my counter. 
post signature