Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Last Day Gift

Hi Friends!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I'm done!  I'm done! 
Year 26 complete!!!
Today was my last day.  The kids were dismissed at 10:55 a.m. and staff at 3:00 p.m.
I had a sweet little girl in my class give me a goodbye gift today.   This was not
an ordinary gift, but one that was given by her...not thought of  by a parent, bought by a parent, wrapped by a parent or card signed by a parent.  She did it all.  You see, I work in a low socia-
economic school where 97% of the kids are on free lunch.  I rarely get gifts or cards, but
the ones I do receive are usually hand picked by the students from inside their homes.
I always treasure these gifts because I know the students themselves were thinking of me:)
Here's the gift I received today. 




Dear Mrs. Anderson,
I give you
a gift to say
goodbye.
(On the back it said...)
I will miss you!
Love,
Brendy
post signature