Friday, May 11, 2012

Shelf Clutter Cover Up

Hi Friends!
I am lucky to have built-in bookshelves in my classroom.  I have four of them along one wall.
I have plenty of materials to fill them up and then some. (I am sure all of you can relate!)
 I want to share one way I like to cover up my shelves, so that I don't have to look at all the clutter I've piled on them. I know this isn't a new idea for some of you, but it really works for me.
All you need is a tension rod, some great fabric, and fabric glue. 
(I have a mother who sews, so I didn't use fabric glue.)
I found that a larger diameter tension rod works best.  It's a little more expensive, but worth it.
There's lots of really cute school themed fabric available now. However, I chose one with dogs.
I had my mom sew a sleeve along the top to slide the tension rod through and a hem
along the bottom.  It was a pretty simple project.  I've had these up for 3 years now and
they're still in excellent condition.  Check out the before & after pictures!
 Before
 After

Tension rod & fabric

post signature